View Single Post
Old 12-13-2015, 08:40 AM
  # 244 (permalink)  
blondsober

Originally Posted by pams View Post
I just reread my post about the holidays and my sucky family etc. It sounded pretty depressing. It's really not that bad. Every year I go through a nostalgic/grieving process during the holidays and my post on SR was part of it. My husband and I started our own traditions after my Mom passed away, so I have plenty to look forward to during the holidays. Thank you so much for the hugs and suggestions...it did help get me through my process.

I am coming up on 30 days. That's pretty exciting and my brain doesn't really know how to comprehend that. It's kind of hard to believe that I am actually doing this!

So it's time to get on top of another issue hanging over my head...this whole school thing. I have 6 weeks to finish a course that has been hanging over my head forever. I sat down, made my plan yesterday and maybe I just need to apply the skills I have been using for the last almost 30 days....just do it. Don't overthink it, just do it. And maybe I can start undoing the self-defeating cycle with my course, the same way I am undoing my self-defeating cycle with drinking? Just put one foot in front of the other and keep going.....

I am certainly going to try.
Catching up on the thread after a tiring work week dealing
with challenging business partners.

Pams, your sentiment here applies to everything we are doing.

It is simply AWESOME. Just AWESOME!