View Single Post
Old 12-12-2015, 06:19 PM
  # 299 (permalink)  
Itchy
Re-Member

Thanks Snoozer! It's been a while!

IP,
I suspend judgment on some things until I either see for myself, or die and see for myself. So the question/s like is/are there a God, gods, goddesses, and are the strange lights in the sky aliens or super secret air and space craft don't bother me, because I defer judgment until such time I can see for myself. In the meantime they are not my concern. I'm also not an atheist, as that is a choice in faith too. Believing there is no god requires as avid an imagination as believing there is a true understanding and faith that is the one true one, and it just so happens that it is yours. I don't do religion. I don't avoid the subject nor argue with folks that do believe in one. That is their prerogative. Not buying into any of it is mine. I'm an empiricist and an admirer of Spinoza, the old glass grinding Sephardic Jew *** philosopher. I'd read all the books claimed as their own, from all the great religions, and some I like that are not in the mainstream like The B'hai, and the Unitarian Universalists. I then read all the great philosophers and studied them. All this on my own because I wanted to know. I believe that religion is hereditary, you get it from their parents.

All that, to say that, no, I did not say I believe that alien craft are flying around our skies. I believe it is just as likely to be advanced aircraft as aliens. If aliens are visiting we need to ask Trump what kind of wall we need.

IP I loved your show! I had never heard of Django Rinehart until your show and then looked him up. The two songs you closed with were wonderful surprises I'd never heard of either. Streaming suits your show too as I have to concentrate since I know the DJ. You remind me of Allison Steele "The NightBird" in the 60s and 70s. I was growing up in Connecticut yet still the NY City Metropolitan area. She was one of the first women in radio and one of our first progressive music jocks. Anyway I liked looking up the music and can't say I did not thoroughly enjoy every song in your show, despite names that would have put me off even sampling. Nice show and yes I will tune in Saturdays at 6 Central US time for the show before yours and yours. Thanks.

Toots,
I love yard work but this time of year is frustrating because it may not be until spring that it dries up enough for me to mulch bag and burn them all. My yard machines include a 17 horse Sears riding mower yard tractor with two plastic bins that catch the clippings or mulched once leaves by the big zero turn mower.

Toots, I see folks who believe absurdities, and commit atrocities once they do.

Wolf,
YW! I too like having the lawn tractor that acts as a lawn vacuum too, in addition to a big zero turn and my full size tractor. I have 5 acres three of which is used and kept cleared. I have all oaks and in back in the woods a bunch of sweet gum trees which I detest because of their "gumballs."

Carlos,
I sure do remember the early days of camcorders. I got ours, a Sony 8mm, in the mid 80s. It was gigantic too but smaller than the VHS ones. I still have my early tapes. We got a Sony HandyCam tiny one in 91. and all the Hi8 ones from the 90's on during years spent overseas and RVing.

I'm putting them on DVDs one day soon and then transferring to the hard drive. I am going to send both our boys complete sets. Funny we don't watch them at all, and I still have the Hi8 VCR.

FBL,
I just did. We get storms tonight but still T-Shirt weather here too.

Hi Rick,
Congrats on 25 months and Merry Xmas to you too. You've got a little less than a year more than me. I really like the lack of the early drama of early sobriety.

Hi Mags!
Snow would be wonderful but we don't get it except for once or twice every 5 years or so.

Hey Sassy!

Dinner's done, gotta run!