View Single Post
Old 12-12-2015, 10:21 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  
grizzlybearblue

Good posts everybody! Juno, we got your cold weather here in the desert : ( We had these really strong winds come through yesterday, it was kind of scary, then the temperature dropped big time. Today it is cold and windy so it's looking like a treadmill run for me today.
Yesterday I had a really good thing happen. I've been scared of the lady I've rented from for the last 15 months. I have too many cats that I didn't pay a deposit for, my house was a mess for awhile when I was drinking/hungover daily, and I had this paranoia that she was going to find out, and I'd be in trouble. For the past 15 months, I have dropped the rent check off at her office and run out there so as to avoid her. Yesterday I decided I was going to go talk to her about our upcoming move. It went so well! She was so nice! I could tell her all I needed to tell her in less than 5 minutes, but we sat there and chit chatted for 45 minutes! She was asking my opinion on real estate appraisal stuff, and I engaged her to be my realtor when I look to buy a house soon. I left there so happy and relieved! It was a beautiful sunset over the mountains when I drove from her office to my 5:30 meeting, and I just thought wow, I am so grateful. It was an amazing feeling!
My meeting was really good. Everyone there except me had a lot of time, so one lady suggested talking about the first year of sobriety for the topic. I'm like I'm in my first 90 days, a year is a long way away! It was nice of her to suggest that, and the meeting was great.
I watched the movie Amy last night about Amy Winehouse. It was a good movie, but it was sad. I woke up this morning still feeling sad about it. It was disturbing, like it sat really heavy with me. I have plenty to do to get ready for Christmas and family coming to visit so I'm hoping that will be a distraction. Hoping everyone has a great sober day today!