View Single Post
Old 12-12-2015, 08:54 AM
  # 203 (permalink)  
bblackbirdflyy

Originally Posted by ultradad View Post

Wow, thank's KiKi...this exact same scenario is what happened to my dad! His liver just shut down after one too many drinks. He was placed on the list for a liver transplant, but never made it. I got a call in the middle of the night that he was rushed to the ER where he was spewing up blood and he died that night alone and a horrible death. Three days later my step mom asked my brother and I to clean out his bedroom and in the closet we found a freshly bought case of beer with 4 beers missing! He just couldn't stop! He was only 51.

His dad died a similar death, it just took longer. I always tell myself that I'll stop before I get to that point, but in reality who know's when that point is...stopping right now, for good, is our best chance of surviving this disease. Ironically, I woke up with huge cravings this morning...something about the cool, fall weather, football, UFC fights and pretty much anything else sometimes that just triggers that AV...

Sometimes I feel like it's my destiny to die a drunk like all the men in my family...how messed up is that???

Have a great one everybody!!!
Scary stuff. That's not your destiny, ultradad. That's a terrible lie coming from AV. Addiction can make us feel so defeated.

I hope you have a great day too