View Single Post
Old 12-11-2015, 09:42 PM
  # 172 (permalink)  
KiKi0615

Originally Posted by SwimKim12 View Post
Kiki, thank you for the reality check. My AV likes to tell me "that would never happen to you..." but it COULD! And I just love my life too much to want to risk that. There was some discussion earlier today on the thread about missing the "excitement" or "high" that alcohol produced. Well, I had an amazing natural high tonight. Those who are runners or athletes (good luck tomorrow, TryinginTexas!) know of the "runners' high." I got it tonight! I normally run on the treadmill for about 30 minutes before my leg starts hurting or I just can't go on any longer. Tonight I ran for an hour. I felt like I could run forever. It felt incredible. I know not everyone is a runner, but there ARE natural highs out there. Like the feeling when you go for a hike and reach the summit, or are in the ocean playing in the waves - there's euphoria there. I guess what I'm saying is hang in there everyone, because life is full of highs that we weren't able to experience while drinking.
That's amazing! I get a "natural high" from snow skiing, roller blading, hiking, exercise, kick boxing, mountain biking etc. love it!!!