View Single Post
Old 12-11-2015, 04:10 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  
Juno11

Hey everyone, kind of a brutal day in the office, brutal week overall. Are you sure Christmas is just 14 days away? Sure doesn't feel like it!! I'm overworked and over tired and need some Christmas spirit.

Well, at least I got my sober Christmas miracle on Dec. 7th

Today on the 11th (new moon) I decided to de-activate my new recent Facebook account that I created one night while drinking (got up to 106 friends now). I went on today and adults were acting like children and I couldn't stand it anymore. I think many people my age are addicted to Facebook in a very strange way and it's not healthy, yet we all come to see this as the "new normal." I wasn't in a great mood today because of this workload situation and daughter having more and more and more issues related to depression and I log on there and see all this "happiness and sunshine" BS. I was not in the mood. Realistically, life isn't always positive nor should it always be or else we wouldn't be able to appreciate the positive. (Movie: Inside Out - without Sadness, we would not be able to appreciate Joy.) Anyway, people like to post all these crazy happy braggy things and life is a combination of a lot of emotions so I decided to once again say goodbye to Facebook, on the new moon, the dark moon. Just perfect timing.

I'm excited about letting go of so many negatives in 2015, and Facebook is a lot of rubbish for me. As was alcohol. I'm moving on and changing, looking forward to 2016. A fresh start! I'll try to post a few more times this weekend.

It's going to be a busy one.