View Single Post
Old 12-11-2015, 12:17 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  
sydneyman

Morning..So after a day of cutting snowflakes and then using silver glitter glue to paint the snowflakes my hands are almost shining in the dark. Going to be days before my hands get rid of the stuff, its even on my face.
So on my lunch break yesterday had a haircut and my hairdresser who I have not seen for 8 weeks (he has been on holidays) said how good I was looking. I reminded him that I had given up drinking (for health reasons doesn't know I am an ex drunk or maybe he does) Anyway I told him that since my last haircut with him I had not been drinking (did not talk about my 2 relapses). He said it showed and how I had lost weight. He said he could never do that. He needs at least 1 glass of wine a day. "His lips need to touch alcohol once a day, like a true alcoholic he said laughingly". I thought to myself maybe he has a drinking problem? I told him how great it was to wake up without a hangover and he said how he hated those mornings. Made me think how I gone from one extreme to the other.
The office staff went drinking after work and I said I would go home and wouldn't join them. I normally don't anyway so wasn't an issue. We have a lot of new staff and the group is actually really good. In the past I didn't want to associate myself with them as I found them to be a boring bunch. Now they are a fun young group and I wouldn't mind going out with them. However, they drink a lot and I would find it hard sitting in drinking places sipping on sparkling water while they are getting drunk. Unfortunately too difficult and a situation I rather avoid. This however alienates me from the group and I am the odd one out . I am the odd one out already as I am the oldest anyway!
So after work my partner picked me up and he is as high as a kite as he is finishing up work next week (he is a primary school principal) and goes on leave for a bit over 5 weeks, summer school holidays start. He has had his year 6 farewell dinner and his school presentation day. So next week it is only 3 days of kids and then 2 days with staff for training and development and then holidays. He works so hard so well deserved. Anyway went to see our drinking buddy as we usually do on Fridays for a visit, He said he knows I don't want one but if my partner would like a glass of wine. He said no, so nobody had anything and we sat and chatted for a while. Didn't stay long. The dynamics have changed so much, its upsetting in away as we used to have so much "fun" before when alcohol was part of the equation.
Picked up Chinese take out on the way home, due to my strict what I can and can not eat I always order a shrimp omelette, low carb and as Paleo as you can go. Got home and my partner wanted to get stoned and so he did I didn't feel like it. He only smokes occasionally on the weekends and the same with me.
Never really been a weed person but sometimes its nice and relaxing.
I fell a sleep on the lounge so went to bed. Had a sleep in this morning until 7am! Having a coffee and jumped on here. Going to get my partner up after posting here for a walk and then get into that garden.. So that's all from me. Enjoy your Friday evening on the other side of the pond and I will be checking SR periodically during the weekend. Stay sober..