View Single Post
Old 12-10-2015, 12:37 PM
  # 359 (permalink)  
Cynderino

Hi guys - I am sorry I missed telling you all a Happy Thanksgiving! I had a nice, relaxing day with my sister, AA Guy and all our kids (7 total). So many things have changed in the past month. My head has not yet stopped spinning. A few weeks back my oldest daughter moved out of her dad's house and in with a friend (actually right after her 18th birthday on Nov. 9th). I reached out to her expecting her to be angry and defensive but instead she was willing to talk. We have covered so much ground in the last month. She is back living with me and I couldn't be happier. Sobriety and the Program of AA has given me the ability to forgive and be open when opportunities like this present themselves. My resentful, angry drinking self might have said no to her. Your decision to leave, you deal with it. Instead I can accept her for who she is and that, like me, she is human. We go down paths sometimes for years because we think it is "right." I am so glad we reconnected without wasting any more time.

My ex is being so strange. He was unhappy with the kids and his anger towards them has caused several instances of them being with me on his days. A couple of days ago he told the little kids that he is "taking a break" and to stay with me through the holidays. Of course they are hurt and feeling rejected. I don't understand how a grown man can be so selfish. He is not new to this parenting thing...

Anyway, I digress. All three of my children are home and I couldn't be happier.

I hope all of you are doing well. I think about you all regularly. Sorry for not checking in more!

XOXO