View Single Post
Old 12-10-2015, 09:15 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  
Jenses

Originally Posted by Applekat View Post
I'm back. I don't know why I torture myself. Day 1 and I need to get a couple days back under my belt before Saturday because I don't think I can make it through then - hosting a surprise milestone bday. I feel like I need the drinks - pre-party drinks - just for the energy. Did anyone else drink for the energy sometimes? So stupid - most people will joke that a glass of wine makes them so sleepy (ha.ha.). But I could clean my house and fold laundry and go go go with a few glasses of wine. Ugh! Again, the torture. Sometimes I feel like I am punishing myself for some unknown...
I actually experienced this myself. I would end up having a few to keep going rather than acknowledge that I was tired. Somehow it has become socially unacceptable to be tired. Instead of overriding those feels, I am trying to honour them and really look at what I need for my best self. Sometimes just acknowledging I am tired is enough - I accept that I am, be a bit more mellow, and if necessary, leave early. (Also I usually scoot out without goodbyes - if the party is already in full swing no one will even notice and then you get to avoid all the slurred advice "yoossh'ud stay...burb...a liddle lonnnger."

Since you are hosting - whisper to a few people that people are thinking of heading out to a pub/bar to get the rumour started