View Single Post
Old 12-09-2015, 08:31 AM
  # 458 (permalink)  
Neverthought

Originally Posted by leasha24 View Post
I am so happy to say it's been 9 days since I had my last drink. I don't think I've gone that long without having at least one drink in over 6 years. It's been difficult at times because I often go to visit my parents in the evening and my dad and mom will usually have a scotch or martini before bed and I used to always indulge there but instead I've just been getting a glass of water to drink. I can't believe how amazing I feel. Feels so good to not wake up hungover. Today is my day off of work so I made a plan of things to keep me busy so I don't think about drinking. However I have a work Christmas party tonight where I know everyone is going to have a couple drinks. I'm a little worried about going but I think I'll be fine. I'm planning on just telling them I'm just gonna have water since I have the disney world dopey challenge coming up in just 4 weeks (run a 5k 10k 1/2marathon and full marathon in 4 consecutive days). Anyhow hope everyone else is doing good also. It's so nice to come on here and read everyone's posts. Such a nice support system.
Super....regarding the (9) days. Glad you're appreciating that amazing feeling.....stick with it.

You mention about your parents having a drink before bed. I cannot imagine what that is like. If I did that it, it would be like doing a line or drinking a few cups of coffee. I'd be bouncing and then I would drink for hours.

My system is so tolerant, that one drink, sadly enough, wouldn't do a thing. I think that's were I get all convoluted and think well, I just fell off of the wagon and didn't get anything from it. And then I spiral downward.

Keep us posted on the upcoming marathon!