View Single Post
Old 12-09-2015, 06:19 AM
  # 57 (permalink)  
ultradad

Thank's KiKi for all you do! You're body must have really needed the rest : )

Healthygoals, I hope your dad is okay and wishing you the best, life can be hard!

I hope everyone else is doing great! I'm a CrossFit instructor so my job starts at the break of dawn where I teach 3 classes and then have the rest of the day off till the afternoon where I go in and teach 3 more classes...the schedule sucks, but it's a job and I love coaching. Most mornings I run home from work (3 miles) and it gives me time to meditate and think, this morning I decided that I HATE this disease and I can see where I let my guard down before and stopped looking at it as a disease and as something else...I think once we stop looking at it as a disease we tend to lie to ourselves and start trying to figure out ways to drink 'normal.' At least that's what it seems like happen to me. Now that I have refocused my outlook and view/perception of this horrible disease I am once again becoming repulsed by the very sight of alcohol and it frustrates me to see other people glorify it. My passion is trail and Ultra running and drinking craft beer seems to go hand and hand with the trail running culture...I tried my best to be part of it and/or just laugh it off, but I have to be honest with myself and others! Anyway, just my thoughts this morning and hopefully I can keep this focus, especially when that AV comes calling...

Have a great, sober day everyone!!!