View Single Post
Old 12-08-2015, 09:38 PM
  # 443 (permalink)  
ubntubnt

Originally Posted by Delta088 View Post
Finally ready...just made it to 24 hrs...I'm hoping I can kick alcohol once and for all.
Hi Delta, sorry to hear about your teammate. I know you have not written out a full plan of how to quit etc but after a 30 year drinking history I can share a couple of things to get you started:
- Lots of people do quit first time and lots do it without AA. So anything is possible. You will have to find what works for you
- Almost everyone tries to quit and fails over and over again unless they have a well thought through plan. We all hugely underestimate the enemy and it usually kicks us a few times until we show it the respect to deserves
- Your emotions and body will likely jump all over the place but there is only one truth worth remembering....as long as you don't drink you will continue to move forward. Just a single drink and you most likely hit the reset button...this is because NO alcoholic can drink in moderation. Your addictive voice will try to tell you that you can. Trust me, you can't.

good luck.....try to check in with us and let us know how we can help. Its easier if you don't have to do it alone.