View Single Post
Old 12-08-2015, 04:38 AM
  # 495 (permalink)  
Juno11

Sydneyman, you sound great. I, too, need to start counting my blessings for I do have many. Yeah, things didn't turn out as planned in my life but I've still got a lot of good things and can find a lot of joy. I feel like a change has come over me from my little epiphany moment/Christmas miracle. I want to lose some weight as well and plan to tackle that in the new year (right after Jan 1.). Just doesn't seem like I could fit that in right now with all the holiday stuff going on.

I'm not too worried about the day count right now and that is good. What's important is for me to pick a day to get and stay sober (which I did) and stay with it. I don't want to go into 2016 with any drinking habits remaining! So it's Day 2, but it's a good Day 2.

I will keep in touch here every day and see what you guys are up to. The holidays could be challenging for all of us - so let's keep posting and sharing here!

I'm a little happy because my daughter came into my room last night and expressed some joy about upcoming events and plans that we have. That made me feel hopeful. And I will absolutely look into buying one of those SAD lights - today - we are getting into the shortest days of the year here. Ironically, my daughter's birthday is Dec. 20 (one of the shortest days of the year )