View Single Post
Old 12-07-2015, 05:25 PM
  # 487 (permalink)  
grizzlybearblue

Ugh. I had a lot of drinking thoughts today. They started last night when I was lying in bed thinking about my significant other's upcoming move. He is moving to a different state next month, but my son and I are staying here. I got to thinking about all the responsibility I am going to have on me and pictured myself drinking wine at home at night to unwind. The upcoming move is a big reason why I stopped drinking a couple of months ago. I realized how much I was about to have on me to deal with all by myself and knew the best way to handle it is to be sober. But after I read looking's post this morning my AV was like you've got this, you can distance yourself and you'll be fine. So then off and on all day I entertained the thought of drinking sometimes in the future. I kept coming back to the thought of "you know that doesn't work for you! It never has! It is not going to go as smoothly as you envision it, grizzly!" It wasn't a craving to drink today. It was that pipe dream of maybe sometime in the future. I had that hit me hard right around the first month and really not much since then, but wow it was strong today. I am home, I am going to run, and I am not going to drink today. And I put this all in writing to get it out of my head! Wow, I didn't leave the group, but I was already headed for trouble just having that thought pop in my head. Thanks for being here for me : )