View Single Post
Old 12-07-2015, 09:39 AM
  # 280 (permalink)  
SoberLeigh

Originally Posted by Altoids View Post
Good morning. Most everything is wonderful here. I'm working on a resentment, though, and really not sure how to handle it other than pray about it. I cannot confront the person. I'm going to contact a friend today to see if she will help council me thru it. I'm not in danger of drinking over it. I just need it to stop taking up a place in my day, in my head, and get to a place of forgiveness. It would be easier if the person wasn't in my life most days and living/saying/being such a hypocrite, liar, manipulator and thief. Perhaps bc I was all those things while drinking it makes me more reactive internally and more protective. I've protected myself and those around me as much as possible, but that's about all I can do without making things much worse for other people I love. I see it as a healthy process, though. I recognize it, am not acting out negatively, being respectful to this person, making efforts to be objective . . . my emotions, though, keep creeping in. I know beyond all doubts that this will be a good thing eventually. When the dark clouds show up, the sun is always coming. Thanks for listening. SR is always a safe place. Thank you.
Hope that your friend can provide some perspective, Altoids. Turning it over in prayers is another great idea.

Glad that you are thinking about it and taking action.