View Single Post
Old 12-07-2015, 06:21 AM
  # 451 (permalink)  
KiKi0615

Originally Posted by ultradad View Post
If you guys will have me then I'd love to stay in this class as well : ) I would like to say I know what triggered me, but honestly I have so many triggers its hard to put my finger on it. STRESS is a big one for me and I know I've been dealing with a ton of it lately. I always 'think' I've got it handled, but it's just been one huge roller coaster ride lately! I feel better this morning and I know that by not actually getting hungover drunk this weekend helped, but the guilt and depression were still the same! Also, it really effected my race this weekend and that's a first so having to deal with that guilt on top of everything else! I'm going to try my best to be more mindful of the AV and not let it slip up on me, also I have to remember that I'm not that same guy with 14 months sober that can go around alcohol and joke about it and such...I have to get back to that guy and ultimately figure out why I picked back up in the first place! So, prayer, meditation and possibly a few AA meetings along with a new nutrition plan and exercise to help me get back focused! Any other advise is welcomed! Healthygoals, sorry to hear about your relapse also. Funny, I was just talking to my wife about how it seems when I'm having 'fun' I always think alcohol will sometimes make it more fun and it never does! I have to remember how to enjoy life and have real fun sober again. Wishing you the best!!!
Oh good! So glad you are sticking with us too! We are a TEAM! We get through the ups and downs together!