View Single Post
Old 12-06-2015, 06:21 PM
  # 422 (permalink)  
KiKi0615

Hi everyone! Whew! What a crappy day! After several good days I ended up fighting my husband this morning & wanting to drink (but didn't). Then we got in another fight (basically me yelling at him about how emotionally unavailable he is) and I wanted to drink again...but thought the drink all the way thru and it didn't sound very fun so I didn't. I was really pissy at the manager at a Mexican restaurant when picking up food and felt like I wanted to punch everyone I saw in the face all day long! I HAD A BAD ATTITUDE!!!

So I was trying to figure out what the hell is wrong with me today...and here's what I came up with:
1. I am tired
2. I didn't exercise today
3. (Men close your eyes) I started my period today. I haven't been sober during "this time of the month" in 2 years! I.am.crazy. Ha!

Ok so I did NOT get thru the day gracefully, not even CLOSE...but I did not drink despite the fact that I really wanted to several times! Bad!!!

Soooo....I guess if all I did "right" all day was stay sober then it was a good day, right?

@Canguy- 4 weeks is amazing! Keep it up & don't let you guard down.

@Patricia- I completely understand!!! My biggest triggered anger too! I've recently learned that behind anger always lies fear. Even if the angry person appears to be strong and in control, fear will always be the reason behind his anger. I guess I am a very fearful person! :-/ BTW! You did AWESOME today! I love lemon water.

@supertired- Hi!!!

@tater- you're so right! Alcohol never makes anything better!

@ultradad- I'm so sorry to hear you drank this weekend but don't beat yourself up! We'd love to have you stay in the November class but understand if you want to go to December. Let me know. Hang in there & thx for reminding me why I don't want to drink. Sounds hellish! I'm sorry you feel bad. :-(