View Single Post
Old 12-06-2015, 01:08 PM
  # 129 (permalink)  
Croissant

Originally Posted by Leshar View Post
This is from my sobriety journal, it came from someone on SR, I'm sorry, I didn't write the name so I can't credit the person. It strikes a chord with me and I hope will with you too.
"In so many areas of our lives, we are usually only willing to go so far. Beyond that, we tend to float, in effect settling for where we are, because we don't have the vision, or the will, or the know how to do any better."
In my case, I know I get stuck on the lack of vision part. Fear keeps us stuck.
Please don't settle for where you are. Reach out to Shaun, I'm sure he's worried sick. Angry, yes, maybe, but worried, as are all your family. I hope you can get home soon and begin a new plan. Courage!
Thank you for sharing this, Leshar, it is so true.

It reminds me too, just like my post above, how addiction effectively puts a smokescreen on our future, limits us - in order for the craziness to continue.

There is no way I could have predicted or seen my life right now when drinking. You think you can, but you really can't. Not until you peel all the layers back and uncover all the ugliness and darkness of who you are and why you drank....and why you want to keep drinking. Sure, drinking renders us without sense, but guys, we've been here on this journey for over 2 years now, we can't feign ignorance on this anymore like we once could. The stories are all here and we've read them, and sadly, some of us have lived them.