View Single Post
Old 12-06-2015, 05:23 AM
  # 304 (permalink)  
forabetterlife

Congrats on your baby applekat!
And whether you are on day one or Day 5 or 6 let's make this a sober Sunday. It's so easy to say that in the morning, of course. But when/if those cravings come later we have to commit to posting here or even just reading. I know for me, many times, just logging in and reading a few posts changes my mindset during those times I'm starting to entertain the thought of a drink. Sometimes , of course , we need more and we must reach out and post, go for a walk, get something to eat, clean a bathroom (lol, works for me sometimes ). It WILL pass, it always does does and once we are on the other side of it, it feels like such a relief. Until the next one anyway!

I have lots of things to do to get ready for the week. My sister in law is coming for a visit this weekend and I know she is going to want to drink with me. She probably drinks even more than me, but doesn't think it's a problem and thinks I'm overeacting when I say it's s problem for me.
Ugh. I just have to worry about today for now. The more sober time I have when she gets here, the stronger I'll be.
Sober Sundays are the best, and even better waking up on Monday after one! I'm gonna keep
Reminding myself of that