View Single Post
Old 12-05-2015, 02:48 PM
  # 355 (permalink)  
Dee74
Administrator

My anxiety used to be bad when I woke up too Patricia. I'm really hoping that once you get through the benzo taper things will even out for you.

Originally Posted by strangeangel View Post
I'm back at day 1 today. I have had a terrible week. I don't want to drink anymore, and I just can't stop myself. Thought I could, but I can't. I hate being drunk and I hate being hungover. I hope I can learn. Any advice on how to realllllyyy commit, bc I've half- assed it the past few times. I really need to do it this time. I want my life back. Wish me luck. I'm going to go back on Antabuse, but right now I don't feel like I'll ever beat if.
There's a lot of ways to commit I think. Committing to posting here before you drink is something I did.

That link that I post fairly often about making a recovery plan is good too, as is the link about cravings.

you can find all that and more in this thread:
http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...at-we-did.html

There's other things outside of SR tho - you could see your Dr, or a counsellor, or join a recovery group like AAor one of the many alternatives...you could even look at rehab programmes, inpatient and outpatient.

whatever you have to do to take drinking as a viable option off the table is worth it, I think

D