View Single Post
Old 12-03-2015, 05:56 AM
  # 331 (permalink)  
Startingover444

Originally Posted by Tiredofdrugs View Post
D82!

For those of us with lots of time off our DOC? We all started at day ONE!
It starts off as a battle NOT to use our DOC! At the end of day One we thank ourselves and then whatever or whoever else we thank for getting us thru!

Day two arrives and we start all over again! Repeat Day One! It's always taken me seven days to get thru the worst of it! Some take shorter time and some take longer! We are all different! I drank lots of slim fast powdered shake mix in 2% milk during that time too! I wanted no part of food, but I knew I needed to keep my strength up!

A person that is determined to stay clean can get it done! Nothing will get in their way to accomplish it! My husband still uses the pain meds and they are here on the property! I haven't touched a ONE of them!

A person that stops using can get clean and stay clean. However? The first DOC we use down the road reactivates those endorphins again. They lay dormant waiting! So it doesn't matter how much clean time we have! One use and we are right back where we left off! There are many that have gone a long time w/o and then think they can use just a little bit now and then! Wrong answer! Our brain and body is legally bound to those feelings now! The thought of never being able to use again is truly frightening to ppl and it keeps them from stopping!

I'm head strong and don't want that life anymore! So I do my damndest not to touch the pain meds again! I know I'll reach a point if I do that there's never enough pills for me to keep myself satisfied on them. So I tell myself all the time: "Why take that first pill? Don't start the circus all over again!"

TOD
Yup. That was me. 6 years off the booze and right back to where i started in approximately 30 mins

Over and over again with pain meds too. The last time I took 50 pills by 4 in the afternoon and was STILL craving and that was after 6 weeks off