View Single Post
Old 12-02-2015, 05:33 PM
  # 187 (permalink)  
kzaug2014

Oh wow, so you guys have been married for a long time.

You remember when we were discussing self love books? And we both said that we depended on our spouses for our self worth? The reason I want to learn how to love myself is because my hubs will most likely die before I do ( from diabetes. ) And I want to be as prepared as possible. Actually, I really need to learn a lot of things, so that I'll be able to live alone w/out sinking into permanent depression.

When I was on drugs, I always said that I'd have a nervous breakdown when he goes. And I'm sure I'll fall apart for awhile from grief, but that's normal. I thought I'd conquered my insecurities because I have felt confident all these yrs since meeting him. But when I went to rehab, I felt like a scared little girl again. I hated ( & loved ) rehab! And I realized that I had just buried all my insecurities.
As I'm starting to get to know you a bit better, I'm realizing that you are in a very unhealthy marriage. If I'm wrong, let me know, k?
Your husband is verbally abusing you & I don't think you know how to love yourself enough to tell him that what he's doing is wrong. Again, if I'm wrong, please tell me.

Big (( Hugs ))