View Single Post
Old 12-02-2015, 12:08 PM
  # 415 (permalink)  
Juno11

I'd be interested to know what app it is as well. I have one that tracks days on streaks - it's good but not perfect and doesn't have anything to do with alcohol.

Sydneyman, your post made me feel happy. Thanks for being here and providing good words of support and wisdom!

We all have different journeys, different sets of problems and addictions, and different levels and patterns of additction but we're here for support and not judgment. One of the number one rules we have in our SMART Recovery meetings is "No judgment." I'm happy to say that most people stick to that.

Winslow, I'm sorry you're not happy with our group. I suspect your post was directed at me since it was posted directly after I posted this morning. I hope I didn't do anything to offend you and I wish you well.

I'm actually having a difficult day. I've been crying a lot. My 3 kids seem to be imploding and I'm not sure why. The one imploding the least is only having trouble with one or two things at school. My son with autism is going through a terrible time and the school keeps emailing me. My daughter is kind of falling apart and I don't know if she'll get through high school. So I've been sitting here crying this morning.

I saw my psychiatrist and fessed up about the relapses. The next time I see him, I'm going to have a better report. The good news is that he's helping me and has prescribed a mild anti-anxiety med to help me with feelings of stress for those times when I turn to alcohol . I can't remember the name of it but he said it's non-addictive, I can take it when I need to or not take it at all, and may use it for help with sleep when I'm having trouble. This would have been something to take instead of alcohol when I was feeling lousy the other night. I'm hopeful and glad to have this guy helping me.

Take care everyone!