View Single Post
Old 12-02-2015, 08:16 AM
  # 86 (permalink)  
Keepnitreal

Originally Posted by learntofly View Post
Good morning all! Checking in on Day 39.

Fabat, That's awesome! Kudos to you for taking charge. I loved your post about noticing the beauty of life again.

Kiki, I still get cravings too, though not nearly as many as before. Most recently, my AV will come out of nowhere and say "well, you've made it this long without a drink, so that must mean you don't have a problem after all. This sobriety thing is silly. There are plenty of people who drink as much as you did. Go buy some wine!" And I'm like how delusional are you AV?!? It's like a crazy little demon inside of me!

Keepnitreal, I think it's been proven that people who struggle with depression are more likely to be alcoholics. I've struggled with depression since I was a kid, and alcohol, though it didn't make me happy, was enough to at least keep me numb. It's been a struggle to try to work through that, but I'm finally on a healthy path and at least headed in the right direction.
Congratulations on day 39! You're really doing well! I'm feeling a bit better today. Trying to just accept the weight gain (a few pounds is really nothing to get so freaked about) and figure out the root of depression. Anybody from the outside looking in would think I have the perfect life. I should be grateful, but instead I'm depressed. Always feel like I'm on the outside of life just looking in at everybody who really are enjoying theirs.
I really want to get to a place where I can love all the blessings in my life. I'm going to make the 12 steps my goal. Step 1-3 are pretty much covered...onward and upward!
Good day to all.