View Single Post
Old 12-01-2015, 05:50 PM
  # 404 (permalink)  
grizzlybearblue

Thank you, sydneyman! I appreciate the compliment : ) you are doing so well!
Way to go Frank on 46 days! You already said it, moderation doesn't work for you. I've also tried the only on Friday and Saturday thing, but every time Sunday rolled around I'd keep drinking. Then I'd go ahead and drink on Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday as well. Maybe I was thinking only on Friday and Saturday will I drink 2 bottles of wine and 5 to 10 buzz balls (each day). My moderation was drinking a bottle of wine a night the rest of the nights. I'm really glad you checked in here and let us know what's going on : )
Alright, Juno, gettin' right back at it!! Sydneyman did have some really nice things to say regarding that. I don't know if mine is nice or helpful, but I'll say what came to mind. My quitting date wasn't any particularly special day. I wasn't even really thinking about quitting for good. I had only drank a half a bottle of wine the night before- I was being good. But I had really blown it out the 2 days prior even though I started each day telling myself I wasn't going to do that. September 23rd I'd finally had enough. I am the type of alcoholic that you had mentioned. I look at it as a blessing and a curse. I think I do have the gift of desperation. Blood coming from a place it should never be coming from is a strong motivator for me not to go back. I am so glad you were able to stop at 2 glasses and you want something different for today. I'd say that's progress : )