View Single Post
Old 12-01-2015, 12:17 PM
  # 399 (permalink)  
sydneyman

Morning All!!!
Read SR and went for my morning walk.
JUNO I would never judge anybody how could I. During my walk I was thinking, if we would be an average person and have the occasional drink we wouldn't even think of looking to a site like SR, so deep down we know we have a problem with alcohol. That's why we have ended up here looking for support and likeminded people dealing with the same issue, alcoholism. We have been desperate and deep down so sick wanting to become sober. Don't forget that.
I have to remind myself of this to keep on track once I start feeling so much better with myself.
I would like to be that average person being able to have a drink or 2 and then stop again wether that be for a day or weeks at end. That really would be my ideal relationship with booze. I like nice French champagne and can appreciate it however I need the whole bottle and then more to be happy. This is the problem.
Luckily I have been able to stop straight after the times that I lapsed during the past 2 months. I think the danger we have is we don't know when we tip over that edge and we cant come back...for some it is immediately and for some after a few sessions.
Juno in my personal view you should just keep on going as you have. You said you started your next day with coffee and have moved on. So do that. For me it was important not to be harsh on myself, for sure I was not too impressed with myself and questioned my ability to commit to myself but I proved myself again that I am a strong person and have the will wanting to be sober.
I know it doesn't really matter what people say but its my personal view on lapses, yours and mine. Keep going, its a new day.

Friday is my doc appointment and having my bloods taken (Midton will keep you posted). I am actually looking forward to it as I have lost 25lb weight and really want to see since starting Paleo how my cholesterol etc levels are..
Ok getting ready for another day of work,. Have a great day everybody...