View Single Post
Old 12-01-2015, 09:26 AM
  # 489 (permalink)  
pams

Originally Posted by Keepnitreal View Post
Dallow--it's hard to know which came first...the depression or the alcohol! At least for me. I think depression. Anyway, I went to the doctor and started medicine and it hasn't helped yet, in fact I have been gaining a pound a day and that is really getting me depressed! I work out at least 5 days a week and have been trying really hard to eat clean, but now I'm in a funk and can't get the energy to do either. 24 days sober and I'm crying now! I think it's the medication so I will taper off and let the doctor know my reaction. I think I will try Patrciia's regimine. On the plus side....no alcohol cravings!!!
I am not a doctor and lots of people are able to control their depression without prescription medication. Just remember there are lots and lots of different kinds of anti-depressants if the natural course doesn't work. I have been in your shoes, on a med that packed on the pounds at an alarming rate...certainly doesn't help with the depression! If one kind is a big fail....insist on trying another....just my two cents worth....