View Single Post
Old 12-01-2015, 08:38 AM
  # 482 (permalink)  
pams

Originally Posted by Dallow View Post
learntofly, I am on the same road, trying to beat depression in the same way. I have been hesitating to get some prescription because I don't want to get hooked on something else, but I don't know.

I started off exercising every day, but that didn't last so long. Have to force myself to go now. Most days I just feel low, like everything I do is pointless.

Maybe it's just what we have to go through to find a better tomorrow. At this point I find it so hard to seperate my "real feelings" to those that comes with recovery.

All I know is I prefer to feel this low, than go back to that desperate drunk I was! No drinks!!!
I also suffer from depression. I have for a lot of years....way before the alcohol got to be a problem in my life. I worked with my physician and tried many many different medications until I finally found the right one for me. The only side effect I get from it now is occasional anxiety...which is easily controlled with a low dose of anxiety meds when needed. If you can get it under control naturally then YAY! If not, remember there are so many different anti-depressants these days, keep trying them until you find the right one. So many people give up and continue to suffer......it really is worth it when you find the right one. Take care!