View Single Post
Old 12-01-2015, 07:44 AM
  # 474 (permalink)  
pams

Good morning Class!

I am so thankful for all of you. With all your help I have come to a conclusion about the work Xmas party on Saturday. I am skipping it this year. My AV has been trying to trick me. For lots of years I have not really wanted to attend the party (like 8 or 9 years)and only did out of obligation. Last year was a complete write off, I was home puking by 10pm. The year before there wasn't a party, but three yeas ago I did a face plant in some bar after the party, fell off the speaker I was dancing on and ended up all banged up. I barely remember all that. Good times.

So why in God's name am I struggling so much about this year? I 'should' feel the same way I have the last 8 or 9 years...mostly the same people, same place, same activities etc. I should be dreading it and whining about not wanting to go like I usually am.

I had a rough time for awhile after work yesterday. My AV was being the voice of reason (insert eye roll)....telling me to just screw up right now and then this complicated decision about the party is made and you cant start over on Monday.

So. I am taking the party out of the equation. I am not going.