View Single Post
Old 11-30-2015, 01:22 PM
  # 416 (permalink)  
pams

Originally Posted by rah555 View Post
Can you create a plan that will allow you to go and enjoy the event? For a drink you could try seltzer with cranberry. This looks like a cocktail but isn't. Or maybe instead of focusing on drinking you could focus on eating. Most holiday parties have a good spread. How about using the event as an experiment...the sober you studying your counterparts and their behavior as the event rolls on and more and more alcohol is consumed. Or how about being designated driver for your friends? Just trying to think of some ways you can go, stay sober, and still enjoy the event.
Yes. I have been thinking of many different alternatives if I attend the event. Declaring myself designated driver is at the top of the list. There are a million different things that I can drink that look like a cocktail. I have also thought about a time limit to stay. Like 3 hours. I am pretty confident that I can commit to three hours and not mess up. If I have to, THAT is when my sudden illness happens and I have to go home.