View Single Post
Old 11-30-2015, 12:57 PM
  # 412 (permalink)  
rah555

Originally Posted by pams View Post
Checking in on Day 15! I think I am going to be fretting all week about my upcoming work Christmas party this Saturday. I don't think I will know how I want to handle it until Saturday. In the end I may just skip it. Which is ultimately the safest option. But I kind of want to go. The last time I gave a somewhat serious attempt at kicking the wine habit (this past summer) I lasted 19 days. Ironically, this Saturday will be my Day 20. I have been waiting and waiting to reach Day 20 this time. Which is a great incentive to hold strong through this weekend, party or no party. But wow, I cant stop thinking about this and I think I am making it into some big freaking dilemma in my head; it is only a party. There will be another one next year. I may drive myself crazy by the weekend.
Can you create a plan that will allow you to go and enjoy the event? For a drink you could try seltzer with cranberry. This looks like a cocktail but isn't. Or maybe instead of focusing on drinking you could focus on eating. Most holiday parties have a good spread. How about using the event as an experiment...the sober you studying your counterparts and their behavior as the event rolls on and more and more alcohol is consumed. Or how about being designated driver for your friends? Just trying to think of some ways you can go, stay sober, and still enjoy the event.