View Single Post
Old 11-30-2015, 11:49 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  
SoberLeigh

Originally Posted by Mark1014 View Post
Hi gang and happy early week to you.

While away I realized the two major ways the addictive part of my personality still tries to assert itself. Of course there is the halt scenario. I can generally take care of that by eating or physical activity. I feel that some of that may be physiological and always be with me to some degree.....but very manageable.

The other came to me as we were walking about the little festive town Saturday night and I caught glimpses of tucked away courtyards all strung with lights. Folks were making merry.....all laughs and smiles with drink in hand. A thought that kept creeping in was to feel sorry for myself about how all that was over for me. It's funny how the AV wants us to believe that. I think this is more part of my psychology and I believe I can, with a little effort, change my thought process and eviscerate that part of my AV. All of the fun is there to be had. Better memories are there to be made....that's part of the whole zip line experience for me. To prove that point to myself. It'll be a work in progress, but I know it'll be worth the effort for any of us that have that old mindset at times.

Wishing each of you the best day.....gym time!
I found those little hide-a-ways problematic for a while, too, Mark. Eventually, I saw them for what they are for me - just another way to romance the alcohol. Now I can truly enjoy them and remember what's important - time with family and friends.

It's great that you are thinking through those situations and scenarios.