View Single Post
Old 11-29-2015, 05:34 PM
  # 354 (permalink)  
GoldenSands

Originally Posted by SoberMarathon View Post
Day 7 check-in, check-out. Still going strong in this fight but today there was a lot of back and forth with my AV. I had to constantly remind myself that my drinking hurts people, hurts myself.

My recent passing out in a hotel hallway, not knowing how I got to my room, not remembering anything beyond 9pm that night, reminds me why I can't drink. The worst part is when I have had blackouts like that, I never saw them coming. One minute I'm there, being an ass but having a good time, next minute lights out and have no recollection of what I've done, who I've met, what Ive said. This is one of the main reasons I can't drink. Even if the blackouts were only 1/30 drinking nights, they're too dangerous and would have eventually ruined my life and possibly someone else's. So that's what I do to shut down my AV and it sobers me up rather quickly.

Good Sunday night folks...keep up the fight.
Exactly, me too. I would black out almost every weekend before my now 15 days sober . About 30 minutes ago I could almost taste my favorite beer IPA taste... Seriously longing for one now just for the taste, but remembering the blackouts, I just cannot go back there. It kind of hit me- wow, I will never taste another IPA again. Gets me rather panicky thinking about it. But these 15 days have been far too good to jeopardize the sobriety I'm building.