View Single Post
Old 11-29-2015, 10:47 AM
  # 327 (permalink)  
GoldenSands

First before my self centered post , I want to say welcome to the new people! And hang in there to those of us struggling right now.
Let's commit to another 24 hrs sober together and post away!

Checking in on my day 15.
Like healthy said, I feel like a switch flipped to OFF and I feel very firm and confident in my sobriety.
I feel sort of now just learning to live my days without it- the good days, the bad days, the mundane.
Today isn't the greatest, husband and I not really getting along, anxiety and stress about money- not being able to afford Christmas... (Probably could have saved a ton of money by now for my kids Christmas if I had put in savings what I was spending on drinking) But all in all, I'm sitting at the playground watching my beautiful kids play happily, and so really- life is beautiful. My kids are warm, fed, clothed, with toys and parents who love them. I am thankful to have a house, warm beds, a working car, 15 days of sobriety, and food in the fridge, gas in the tank, car almost paid off.

I may not be able to give my kids a huge Christmas but that's not what it's about. It's about being surrounded with love- being together.