View Single Post
Old 11-28-2015, 08:45 PM
  # 50 (permalink)  
Melina

Thanks for chiming in on self care. I am very self absorbed so I am learning the difference between having a nice cup of tea and believing I should be catered to bc I am the most fascinating person on earth

Mesa, I have rescued two pitties in the past. The first one was born with hip dysplasia, got bit while greeting another dog (supposedly a 'nice' breed) while on a walk and became aggressive after that to hide his limp from the hip dysplasia. He had to go down. 2 vets and a behavior guy said there wasn't anything to do unless that mythical 'farm where dogs roam free' existed. I guess that's common when dogs have been attacked, they can turn a corner with aggression, especially when trying to hide a defect.

The second one was a sweetheart and my ex took her in the breakup. I was fine with that bc that was our agreement when we adopted her. She was a cuddle bug and a lover.

I think how the breed is raised really matters.

I used to care a lot but now I don't get involved bc it's heartbreaking to be in the dog rescue world. Like soul shattering when you see how people are. I had to remove myself. One of the few good decisions I made during drinking days.

And Mesa, I drive around and look at schitte for self care, too. I am dang curious and I like to see what's going on from the warmth and safety of my vehicle. Plus that's where I smoke and listen to my sobriety podcasts. Happy to say the list is getting longer on the podcasts as I find new stuff. Really makes a car ride enjoyable.

I haven't quit smoking yet guys, but the idea won't leave me alone. It feels like when you know you have a problem with drinking. Contemplation and all that.