View Single Post
Old 11-28-2015, 07:14 PM
  # 41 (permalink)  
MesaMan

A decent, non-bummer of a Day here around the Ranchette.

I strapped the Pooch into his Sheepskin-padded Travel Harness; clipped on the Restraint Strap [to a Back Seat Headrest Post]; and away we went.

Hit the Big City Dog Park after a Snack at a new Sports Bar that was on my Route. A non-issue for me. I faced a huge TV, and snacked away. A lil Retaining Pond at the Dog Park had drained, and was a Mud Pit. So was Da Pooch. Silt. With about 10 Minutes left, 2 Couples with 4 Dogs came in. Their Pit Bull lived up to the Stereotype, and promptly attacked our Pooch. We pulled them apart. He had gotten only Collar; not Neck. The Pit tried it again a few minutes later, and I yelled at him so loud and hard, he turned and stopped his brisk approach. The Owner was civilized and apologetic about it. I simply said: 'Anything non-contact is OK'. I warned an incoming Woman w/small Dog about it, and she only stayed a few Minutes. This Pit - now leashed - went after her tiny Pooch. No Owner 'Attitude'. He was cooperative. No harm. No foul, thanks to my now-honed Instincts over time in these situations.

A few Errands, and grabbed a Pizza for Home. My red-Eyed Partner burned it good, and smoked up the House, while I washed Da Pooch. In my Mind, I chalked this up to very obvious Lunch Drinking w/Gal Pals. She chalked it up to 'this Oven being hotter than prior Ovens'. More Lying about who she was with. However, this laughable malarkey is so much better than Drinking being in my Face here, I'm kewl with it. As I like to say: 'The only Person I'm interested in changing the Relationship to Alcohol with is me'. She's passed out. I'm doing Laundry. I'm pretty well jaded/hardened to these minor Scenarios. Time - and Sobriety - marches on.

My Self-Care consists of cruising around, and looking at schitte. I like that a lot. Didn't make it to the State Park. It had Snowed there. Nighttime Temps of 7 and 8 Degrees are on tap starting tomorrow, so I simply enjoyed being out and about in reasonable 36 F Degree Weather.

By current Standards I've lowered the Bar to, today was a good Day.

Tull's Ode to Steelworkers in this amusing Lip Synched Performance...

- 'Steel Monkey' ~ Jethro Tull ~ Vier Gegen Willi TV Show -