View Single Post
Old 11-28-2015, 03:18 PM
  # 370 (permalink)  
Juno11

Hi everyone, I'm having a good weekend. Getting a lot of things done, yet at the same time realizing the stress of the Christmas season is upon me. With 3 kids who love Christmas and one with a birthday this month, I will be extra busy.

Re: the wine, I was about to say all's quiet - zero cravings, until around 4:00 today when I felt as if I wanted a "glass of red" to go with putting up the Christmas tree. That's an association from the past few years when I used to do that. It's just an association - one that I need to break. I'm going to put up the Christmas tree and do it without wine. I'll feel so much better tomorrow

I honestly remember the days when alcohol (wine) was only sort of a problem for me and I used to get away with being able to drink it. Now whenever I have tried I seemed doomed to a miserable hangover the next day, and I just can't take another one of those - EVER.

Midton, I hope your mood is doing better this weekend. It must be tough living in a foreign country. I lived in the UK for a couple of years and to me that was a foreign country, though I grew to love it. It took me a good 6 months for it to feel like home - I remember that well.

Sydneyman, keep going. The days just add up as long as we don't drink

Winslow and Grizzly - good going getting through Thanksgiving sober. We're all going to be stronger because of it. Griz, I don't have those feelings when I wake up that you described. I'm not sure what it could be. I am, however, much more tired than normal because of the shorter hours of daylight - I think. I have found myself needing naps the past few days. Maybe it's just my age catching up to me