View Single Post
Old 11-28-2015, 05:37 AM
  # 127 (permalink)  
rah555

Day 5 here..reading everyone's posts, almost like I am looking at my life-binges, blackouts, loss of friends, regret, etc. It's so frustrating. It perplexes me. Today I woke up grateful to be sober. Jumped a hurdle last night. My husband wanted to go back to a bar we went to last week when I had a binge/blackout episode. We met some nice people but I did not want to go back there for a variety of reasons-embarrassment, did not want to be around alcohol. I stood my ground. My husband got a bit aggravated with me. He thought I should have gone back but not drink. I felt better just going to bed. I am happy I made that decision and stood my ground. Based on people's posts it seems we all have hurdles to jump both internal and external. I think this is a complicated issue to overcome. Sometimes it seems like alcohol is everywhere. My husband has been very forgiving. My binges/blackouts don't seem to bother him much. It's difficult when it happens but shortly after its forgotten, or at least it seems that way. We can overcome this. There are plenty of people who have done it. Let's do this together!