View Single Post
Old 11-28-2015, 05:23 AM
  # 125 (permalink)  
KiKi0615

Originally Posted by SilentCinemaFan View Post
I'm Back: A Common Story I have decided to give this another go. While I didn't necessarily hit "rock bottom", I'm just sick and tired of habitually binge drinking a lot every week. My most recent session was the night before Thanksgiving. I was all set to make my yearly awesome side dish. I was a little nervous about Thanksgiving because of this terrible drunken rant did against my relative back in July. This sparked my sobriety for at least 30 days but I went back to my old ways soon afterwards. Eventually I started talking to my relative again but we hadn't seen each other so I knew it would be awkward. So for some stupid reason, I decided to go out and by a 12 pack and intended to only have 3 drinks at the most to relax myself. Unfortunately that never happened and I ended up waking up Thanksgiving at around noon. I realized as soon as I woke up that I should have been up at 7AM cooking. I quickly panicked and started making my dish for the family get together. Nobody really suspected a thing, I just told them I would be an hour late because I "overslept". However during the Thanksgiving get together, I was a little shaky and tired. I don't think I ever got any real sleep so I was running on no energy. I didn't have much of an appetite and while I was friendly and talkative I was secretly feeling miserable and hungover. I started shivering and said I was really cold. In truth, it was cold outside but I think my body was incredibly hypersensitive. Overall, the whole cover went well and my family members wanted me to see them more often and were super impressed with my meals I made for them. When I got home, I laid down had lots of water. I couldn't immediately go to sleep. It's hard to explain. It was as if I had too much caffeine but I didn't touch any caffeine that day. My body was jumpy and all over the place. I decided to just relax in bed, drink lots of water and watch some movies until I finally did get sleepy. Then I slept most of friday until around 3:30PM(I had a day off work). I woke up got cleaned up and told myself I just can't do this to myself anymore. So I'm going to try to stay sober one day at a time again and see how far it goes. I'm not physically dependent in the sense that I go through days of severe withdrawals, but I'm habitually addicted where as soon as something good happens to me, I want to reward myself with drinks. However I do have really bad hangovers as I described above and I need about two days of recovery. As long as I check in here everyday, it seems to help very much. I might try here for a few days and then jump into Class of December as well. Who knows, if this class is incredibly helpful and supportive, I'll definitely stick around here.
Welcome SilentCinemaFan! Your story sounds extremely familiar. I was there 13 days ago. What a difference 13 days makes. I love our November class & think you will too. We are here if you need us! :-)