View Single Post
Old 11-28-2015, 04:50 AM
  # 122 (permalink)  
SilentCinemaFan

I'm Back: A Common Story
I have decided to give this another go. While I didn't necessarily hit "rock bottom", I'm just sick and tired of habitually binge drinking a lot every week. My most recent session was the night before Thanksgiving. I was all set to make my yearly awesome side dish. I was a little nervous about Thanksgiving because of this terrible drunken rant did against my relative back in July. This sparked my sobriety for at least 30 days but I went back to my old ways soon afterwards. Eventually I started talking to my relative again but we hadn't seen each other so I knew it would be awkward. So for some stupid reason, I decided to go out and by a 12 pack and intended to only have 3 drinks at the most to relax myself. Unfortunately that never happened and I ended up waking up Thanksgiving at around noon. I realized as soon as I woke up that I should have been up at 7AM cooking. I quickly panicked and started making my dish for the family get together. Nobody really suspected a thing, I just told them I would be an hour late because I "overslept". However during the Thanksgiving get together, I was a little shaky and tired. I don't think I ever got any real sleep so I was running on no energy. I didn't have much of an appetite and while I was friendly and talkative I was secretly feeling miserable and hungover. I started shivering and said I was really cold. In truth, it was cold outside but I think my body was incredibly hypersensitive. Overall, the whole cover went well and my family members wanted me to see them more often and were super impressed with my meals I made for them. When I got home, I laid down had lots of water. I couldn't immediately go to sleep. It's hard to explain. It was as if I had too much caffeine but I didn't touch any caffeine that day. My body was jumpy and all over the place. I decided to just relax in bed, drink lots of water and watch some movies until I finally did get sleepy. Then I slept most of friday until around 3:30PM(I had a day off work). I woke up got cleaned up and told myself I just can't do this to myself anymore. So I'm going to try to stay sober one day at a time again and see how far it goes. I'm not physically dependent in the sense that I go through days of severe withdrawals, but I'm habitually addicted where as soon as something good happens to me, I want to reward myself with drinks. However I do have really bad hangovers as I described above and I need about two days of recovery. As long as I check in here everyday, it seems to help very much. I might try here for a few days and then jump into Class of December as well. Who knows, if this class is incredibly helpful and supportive, I'll definitely stick around here.