View Single Post
Old 11-26-2015, 04:56 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
zoso77
Curmudgeon, Electrical Engineer, Guitar God Wannabe

Location: Where the mighty arms of Atlas hold the heavens from the Earth
Guys...

I must admit my eyes got a little bit moist reading some of these responses. Words fail when it comes to expressing my gratitude for your kindness.

On a Mom related note...I spent my Thanksgiving at my brother's today and had a lot of fun. He's quite a good cook. He also has a Thanksgiving tradition that while he prepares dinner, he indulges in a Manhattan (or two). He shared a story that his love of Manhattans (and cooking) can be directly traced to our mother. When I was quite little, my family would go to one of our local restaurants for dinner, and according to my brother, Mom would order a Manhattan and give the cherry to him. The cherry, of course, absorbed all the alcohol.

I thought this was hilarious. Mom's not around to defend herself, obviously, but if she were, I highly doubt my brother would have shared this story. Such was Mom's forceful presence.

She has left quite a legacy: 4 sons, all college educated, 2 of us have our Masters degrees, and 2 of us are presidents of their respective businesses. Not to mention 5 grandchildren. We all miss her. But at least she's with our father.

God bless you all on this day.