View Single Post
Old 11-26-2015, 08:22 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
irisgardens

Zoso, have not been on in a while and your post with it's honesty and vulnerability touched me more than you will ever know. Thank you for saying it better than I ever could--and yes, it is the way you say...lost my Dad 15 years ago...and it was as you say--although I simply had to keep charging on with 5 children under the age of 18. Lost my son 25 years ago and had to keep charging on due to the responsibilities that were there then...children, a really sick parent (Dad), a mom I felt called to help as is not one who is capable of compassionate care; turned from my professional business nature and became a caregiver in all of this...and now...am back in my professional business arena and it seems as if life is fuller, more complete, and that I have grown...through those who loved me and who I love and through, as Vale says...those who have kindness in their hearts...most significantly, those here...including yourself, who helped me pick myself up last year when I hit the worst bottom in years because the weight of the long-carried depression, the loneliness, some real life events that brought disappointment...a job lost, a family separated by geography and negative emotions...showed me so much kindness that I could not give up and started again...when I truly didn't know I had it in me (for the first time in my life).

There is much wisdom in all the posts above, so will not repeat...however, you are an awesome and fabulous person; you speak truth and are kind and giving...it simply doesn't get any better than that. I like to think that the time I spent grieving my Dad's loss was related to the native traditions of believing that the spirits of those who have gone before are integrated into our own souls after their passing...and that the pain is that of understanding more and learning more and incorporating more into our lives than ever before (no matter what age we are).

Sending you warmth and gratitude for who you are and all you did for me...and that the memory of some of your words, continues on giving in some of the low moments--one particular one was a suggestion to get a bottle and bring home some of the sand from the beach I went to for reflection and solace...and it is still on my 'to do' list and will get done...and when completed...the gratitude in my heart will continue--to Zoso.