View Single Post
Old 11-25-2015, 07:46 PM
  # 347 (permalink)  
sydneyman

My USA friends stay sober this holiday season,, you can and will. You all echo how I been with my drinking, a constant ridicilous rollercoaster ride bordering total insanity.. This is my third attempt in 2 months , i been lucky that i was able to stop again before it was too late.. Every attempt makes me stronger and more determined, however, this has to be my last attempt I say to myself.. I so hope it will be, i will put 110% into it for myself and the people around me.. Day 3 and feeling good....commitment is all it takes.commitment is not easy.. I have made a list why I am doing this..
On the top of my list is my dear mum who has no choice in life anymore, asyou know she has ALS/lou gehrigs and has lost the ability to walk or use her arms..and it only gets worse with no cure
I do my daily 1 hour long walks and always think of her as she cant.
She is the main reason to give up the drink as she knows about it and I want to prove to her that I can be a sober person when I go back home in January for a visit.
I used to visit herwith my "water bottles" every day last time I visited in August.
I really really hope that I will not do that this time..
Jus a sad sight for her...