View Single Post
Old 11-25-2015, 04:49 PM
  # 393 (permalink)  
pams

Seems like several people are having a rough day. Me too. AV started at a whisper around 3pm and has been chirping louder and louder ever since. I am not going to drink but it's irritating. Wednesday's have always been a true hump day for me, so I guess that makes it a trigger. Now I know...I will be ready for it next week.

I have been thinking off and on about how much I have denied, even trying to fool myself, that wine was not at the root of a lot of the issues I have been struggling with for a couple of years. Sleep issues, depression issues, anxiety issues, weight issues, time management issues, organizational issues, health issues, emotional issues, social issues and probably any other issue you can think of.

I am supposed to be a part time student. I have 3 courses left until I graduate. I have been farting around with these courses and enrolling and withdrawing for 2-3 years. I started to struggle when (surprise!) I started to drink wine nightly. I blamed it on everything else under the sun....the course syllabus, the text book, the e-text, the tutor, the exams, the assignments, my work, my life, my brain, my age blah blah blah. In order of importance right below staying sober is finishing these dang courses. I got rolling and worked my way half way thru one course...completed 2 of 3 assignments and did well...took the midterm exam at the end of Oct and failed. Failed!! I have never in my life failed an exam. The lowest grade I have received in all my other courses for this degree is a B-. I am able to do a re-write thank goodness, but it was so discouraging. So I have managed to waste a month boobing about failing the exam, blaming everything else but the booze, and I need to get back to work. Maybe without a brain and body full of wine I can actually pull this off.

Hope everyone has a great night! Happy Thanksgiving to those celebrating tomorrow! It sounds like so many of you have thought out how you are going to deal with tomorrow which is awesome! To those that are struggling...you can do this!