View Single Post
Old 11-25-2015, 04:12 PM
  # 389 (permalink)  
Noolan

Originally Posted by Thumbelina View Post
Hi all. Sorry I haven’t been around and posting much. Most of the time I just don’t want to be bothering you with my issues. Although it’s been a huge help to have somewhere to check in and have that sense of belonging in a way.
I have been sober for 26 days now. Its providing to be such an emotional roller coaster, I am really struggling to cope. The realisation that I had frozen my life for so long in this stinking alcohol camouflage has hit me harder than I expected. I look at myself and all I see is that nothing has really changed over the years, the life has gone on but I have remained the same (a few wrinkles aside that is!). I knew I had to change for a very long time, but it was just so easy to pour a glass and drink over it. Ironically, I’m not even craving the drink anymore; I’m just hoping that these emotions will subside and that I will not end up in a mental institution! It really is so overwhelming. I can now clearly see just how much damage has been done and how much I had concealed by my drinking.

I had 9 months under my belt and numerous days, weeks, and months in between thanks to relapses. A lot of those were driven from coming to terms with myself and my past. To quote the wire "Gettin' clean's the easy part. And then comes life".

The point my trying to make is that it's not a light switch we flip and are cured. Christ I'm back on day 6; however, it's worth it. 26 days is amazing, so take the good with the bad. It will be worth it.