View Single Post
Old 11-25-2015, 03:27 PM
  # 385 (permalink)  
Odelle

Taking a break from cleaning, the sad reality of how much has been ignored is hitting me right between the eyes today. I will be cooking the traditional turkey dinner tomorrow, but scaled down. My family all live approximately 50 miles from me, an hour-and-half drive normally, but 3-4 hours on holidays, so just me, husband, son and daughter, and maybe husband’s cousin. No alcohol in the house and I won’t be buying any.

It’s a nice brisk day here. I have the windows open, music playing, and candles burning. It’s so hard to believe I chose to drink myself to oblivion with the shutters closed, nonsense TV in the background, accomplishing absolutely nothing for so long!

Hang in there Patricia68, it’s going to be a rollercoaster ride for a while but it will eventually level out.

You will get there Strangeangle, you already have one day in the bag. For me, the first 5 days are the hardest; it seems to get a little easier after that. When it gets really hard, remind yourself that there are only X number of hours before bedtime, it seems shorten the duration of a 24-hour period for me.

Stay strong everyone, we can do this!