View Single Post
Old 11-25-2015, 02:07 AM
  # 193 (permalink)  
stargazer016
Quit 4/17/15

So I stopped at the liquor store to pick up wine for the Thanksgiving dinner we are hosting Thursday. Thanksgiving in the US is a holiday full of drunkenness. I was listening to the radio driving home from work and some police chief was talking about how he would have twenty extra officers on DUI (drunk driving) patrol Wednesday night and Thursday and how it was one of the busiest periods all year. People really let loose because they only have a three day work week (except us poor retail workers!) and I think also because people are stuck hanging with family members who drive them crazy so they drink lots to make it through. I, of course, always partook in the above festivities with embellishment. Getting back to my original point before my tangent, I was laughing to myself about buying two bottles of wine for dinner. This is for seven adults. Two bottles-seven adults. This is how normal people drink. I will probably have wine left over. In past years, I'd have a bottle downed before the turkey hit the table and another one finished before the dishes were finally washed. Then it was off to beer or rum to get serious. Not missing those days at all. I am glad that I can finally look back at myself and laugh at my drunken foolishness. I can't get that time back, but experiencing each new calendar holiday sober this year has been an eye opening experience.

Have a great day everyone! Drive safely!