View Single Post
Old 11-24-2015, 08:50 PM
  # 279 (permalink)  
topspin

Freein,
we were taught in school how the earliest settlers from the Old World ( Pilgrims ) came here and almost starved to death,......the local American Indians brought them corn,...and a some wild turkeys ( as the story goes ) and we eventually established a holiday.
The New World Europeans apparently decided at some point ,....to pursue genocide for a few hundred years while demonizing the natives for their heathenous ways. ( and very little legally recognized land rights )
I could be wrong though,......

No history student here, ...but I gather a bit of genocide wasn't uncommon for folks here and there across the globe through the centuries,...

Back to reasons to be grateful though, today .....goodness gracious,... today met all 3 elementary school teachers of my grand daughters, ....( the twins are in k )
The 3rd grade teacher is phenomenal ,..imo
He has his class shooting hoops first thing in the morning !?!
Sitting at kindergarteners miniature sized lunch room furniture always makes me feel like a giant.

Witnessing precious little children amassed in a modern school environment is something quite different. Their personalities seem to come shining through !

I'm pretty bushed,..... hope everyone stateside has a wonderful sober Thanksgiving,...and Obo, Dee, and Freein , have a Cornish hen , or somethin',.... for solidarity ( lo ) ,....naw,. ,.....just for somethin' tasty !