View Single Post
Old 11-24-2015, 02:06 PM
  # 296 (permalink)  
snowvelvet

Originally Posted by KiKi0615 View Post
Thank you Pams. This time of day (between 2:00-5:00ish) is the hardest!!! Probably because that's when I would start drinking. I hope these cravings go completely away soon!

That is soooo sad about you co-worker! It's sad where this disease takes us. I can't tell you how may times I thought about suicide the last few months of my drinking (so like 10 days ago). I just felt so hopeless......Like I was never gonna get out of that hell. I think the only reason I didn't do it is because of my kids. I wouldn't want them to have to live with that, ya know? Plus I'm not sure I really would have had the "balls" to do it. But when I was drunk...I just got soooo depressed and that's when I would think about it. :-(

I will pray for the family of your co-worker. This disease kills WAY too many people. :-(

Craving is gone, by the way.
I totally understand and am with you on that one, Kiki. Cannot believe I;m going to share this on here wth people I don't know. However, I have shared it at a meeting, and I don't know those people either.

My last drink 3 weeks ago led to a suicide attempt by trying to get out of a hotel window. It then led to a night in the cells before I was admitted as an inpatient to a psych ward for a week.

Today the craving hit me hard for the first time. I just remembered hard where that last drink took me and the harm it caused.

I'm just home from a step 11 meeting where we meditate before sharing. Thankfully that craving and those thoughts have dissipated.

Day 21 is over and just for today, I did it!

<---- to the class of November.