View Single Post
Old 11-24-2015, 02:00 PM
  # 292 (permalink)  
Keepnitreal

Originally Posted by Odelle View Post
Good morning all, checking in on day 3, which has been my danger zone lately. I plan on sticking close to home and staying busy, and logging in here as much as possible. Reading all your posts and seeing so many similarities keeps me focused on beating this once and for all. As far as relationship damage goes, I have been a major contributor in my house, husband doesn't drink and can't relate to the insanity of the compulsion. It boggles my mind why he has put up with me for as long as he has!
Odell- I can totally understand and have the same question. My hubby didn't realize how much more I was drinking because I didn't drink everyday, but when I drank it was a bottle minimum. Usually I'm a fun drunk, but the minute he makes a comment like, " how many glasses have you had or are you drinking?" I would get pissed and we would fight. I've said some really nasty things to him while I'm drunk. Just plain mean. That had a lot to do with why I wanted to get sober. I hated that I could be so cruel. After the last go-round we talked about divorce, which in my state of mind I was totally great with, but getting him to be fair about property etc...would be a nightmare. Needless to say we weren't talking for at least a week or more. Now things seem to have calmed down and our relationship is better. I'm still irritable at times, but overall I can handle him better when I'm sober.
My sponsor had a great point.... You will find your peace and happiness. It might not be in your current relationship, but if you stay sober you'll be ok. Time will tell.